Today Is…

April 2, 2009

Today is having joy for its own sake.

Today is my roommate buying me a cup of coffee at the Sparrows on our way to work for no reason.

Today is crinkling my nose because I can hardly hold in how much I am falling in love with Seth Bernard and Daisy May (whoa-ho Kim, I am such a convert…proud???).

Today is getting to go to my parents’ house after work and make them quesadillas.

Today is writing grocery lists because for some reason, it makes me happy.

Today is breathing in more slowly just because I forget how good air tastes sometimes.

Today is being utterly happy with where I am, which has been a long time coming.

Today is acknowledging that I am single with a huge smile (note to Victor: SO single for SO long), because I know it’s just what I need and want right now.

Today is extra brownies left over from House Church, which I will probably giggle and eat for breakfast.

Today is feeling naturally pretty just being me (and yes that picture, for once, really IS me).

Today is beautiful because it’s today and it doesn’t have to be anything else.

What’s today for you?

1. ratsekad permalink
    April 2, 2009 10:36 am

Your optimism instantly made my day better, just so you know =)

April 2, 2009 10:45 am

😀

3. Amanda permalink
    April 2, 2009 3:50 pm

-Today is looking at the beautiful flowers on my desk, really looking at them this time!
    -Today is enjoying the fresh air with a run outside
    -Today is packing for Traverse City-where my mind and heart seem to have time to calm themselves
    -Today is my contentness with today, whatever it may hold
    -Today is me accepting the uncertainty
    -Today is eating to many blueberry muffins
    -Today is me, being so stupidly excited to see you next week

Have a great weekend!
    ❤

April 2, 2009 4:17 pm

I love it! Especially the one about blueberry muffins. I love blueberry muffins — I have some blueberries in the freezer, I should make muffins this weekend! 🙂

Enjoy Traverse City and see ya on Tuesday!

5. this0side0of0the0truth permalink
    April 2, 2009 6:34 pm

Today is…..
    me sending a request for a certain missing gold and purple bathing suit that I believe I left hanging in your basement a while ago. I happen to be planning a trip to L.A (with new boy!) for next weekend and wonder if you could kindly send it to me asap so I dont have to be naked. Even though it doesn’t matter because people are naked all the time in California.

I will reimburse you or send you something shiny. Let me know soon if you will be able to send it, so in case it doesnt happen (not a biggie) I will have to search for another one. Which might be okay because I am pretty sure the gold shiny hot pants are too big on me these days.

I swear, I eat like 20 donuts a day. I dont know where it goes.

I love you sunshine.

April 2, 2009 8:05 pm

Well my tiny one, I hate to say this but I mailed that back to you in like September. If you don’t have it, then perhaps the US Postal Service does. :/ ‘Cause I surely don’t. I swear you told me that you received it when I mailed it to you.

Poo…I hope it didn’t get lost in the mail. It looked so cute on you. And eat more donuts…and an apple…and some lard. Pack on the pounds, smalls, otherwise you will disappear altogether.

Love you bundles and more.

7. Misterwrite permalink
    April 3, 2009 6:08 pm

I had something else written which I deleted–I refuse to rain on this parade.

Today is Friday–good enough all on its own! (I’m writing this comment a day late; does it still count?)

Today is good-bye to melting snow (and there ain’t much left!)

Today is a smile waiting for me at home from little Joel.

Today is the day an unpleasant work task was attacked and completed.

There. That took some thought. Unfortunately I’m not naturally optimistic and/or cheerful. Thank God for the Carolines of the world.

And you really ARE naturally pretty! It sounds like Victor (or some other wonderful guy) better hurry up and visit the jeweler, and get ready to get down on one knee.
    (BTW–where was the picture taken? Europe somewhere?)

April 3, 2009 7:01 pm

I’m glad that you flexed your optimistic muscle — I am a firm believer that even in the crappiest of times, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

However, I am thankful for the Mikes of the world because otherwise, my optimism has been known to get outta control.

Thanks for the compliment. When I read the next sentence, I started laughing so hard that I almost snorted beer up my nose. (My favorite summer ale just came out of a local brewery…mmmmmm.) The note to Victor (who is just a friend) was a joke from our church small group the night before, not an encouragement to propose. 🙂 Just wanted to clear that up so Victor doesn’t look creeped out the next time I see him.

The picture was indeed taken in Europe, in Annecy, France to be exact. I backpacked through France a bit with my best friend last summer, and this was the first day of the trip.

Keep looking for those wonderful things that make today different than yesterday or tomorrow. After all, if we don’t at least look, then we miss an entire day of masked blessings and things to be thankful for. 🙂

9. April 3, 2009 11:42 pm

HA! I was totally confused at what “the note” was because I didn’t even notice it when I read this yesterday, but now I got it.

“SO single for SO long” could be the first single (ha) off of The Harold Cronkite Band’s first album.

April 3, 2009 11:57 pm

By George, what a grand idea! I think it absolutely has to be the first single (oh the puns we can make!). 🙂 We’ll have to let the rest of the “band” know.

11. this0side0of0the0truth permalink
    April 4, 2009 1:30 pm

well ain’t that somethin…..
    I don’t seem to have it, I just went through all of my clothes. Perhaps the postal service lost it. Thats odd that you recall me saying I received it. Maybe I am crazy. But im not because I dont have it.

hmmm. It must have fallen into the portal where my socks and jeans go…?

I ate 6 donuts last night at 3am. I feel like shit in a good way.

April 4, 2009 4:09 pm

I’m sorry your bathing suit has gone missing — :/.

Mmmm…donuts.
    I just ate in the past five hours: a peanut butter brownie, blueberry whole grain pancakes, roasted almonds, and soup.

And now, a nap.
    Good luck with your Mission Bathing Suit.

13. this0side0of0the0truth permalink