Lazy, Hazy, Crazy…But Mostly Just Lazy

January 31, 2010

The past several weeks, during my free time, I am going to openly admit that I have been a big, cushy, snuggly pile of LAZY. In the extreme stress of work and an increasingly busy shift in the everyday rhythm of my life, my free time has found me exhausted, wearing slippers and curled up in my cozy little hiccup of an apartment with movies, drinking endless pots of tea and casually finishing up a knitting project or two.

[photo source here]

Part of me feels guilty and like a big, fat time-waster.
Part of me thinks, “Who cares?”
Part of me knows that this tired/lazy combo comes skirting along every year during this point of winter and it won’t last.
Part of me feels judged by my growing pile of books that haven’t been cracked in a week or two.

I have many parts of me.
And right now, all those parts are just going to shut up and enjoy being lazy for a few more hours until it’s back to work tomorrow.

Be lazy.
It’s okay.

1. Sandra permalink
    January 31, 2010 9:21 pm

any good movies?

2. Grandma Carr permalink
    February 1, 2010 10:07 am

Caroline…I identify. When I go there with guilt (on Sundays especially), I tell myself, “self…the Lord says we need a day of rest and I’m NOT going to get on my stationary bike or hold off on eating that cookie or stay in my ‘church clothes’ today!!” How liberating!!

3. I love you permalink
    February 1, 2010 7:13 pm

oh my god your room hiccups too?

February 4, 2010 3:07 pm

@ Sandra!

I recently watched “His Girl Friday” for the first time…excellent Cary Grant performance. I also watched an HBO miniseries on Elizabeth I, which was weird and disappointing.

Oh, that Cary Grant. Have you absorbed “An Affair to Remember” yet?

February 4, 2010 3:08 pm

@ Grandma!

Sabbath is a liberating thing…and a wonderful thing. Even though we are hours apart, we can know the other is sitting in her comfy pants, enjoying a cookie and a well-deserved dose of rest. 🙂

Love you!

February 4, 2010 3:08 pm

@ Noelle!

I don’t know if my room actually hiccups, though my radiator is constantly making weird gurgling noises.

Hmmmmm.