farmer’s market bounty

June 26, 2010

I love my summer Saturday mornings. I walk to the Farmer’s Market, rain or shine, and arrive back home, my canvas bag full of delicious produce. I try to control myself, as I tend to get over-stimulated from all the colors and smells and people, and buy way more than one person can eat. Today, I kept it light and had lots of fun taking photos of my bounty when I got home, using my new camera and my newly arrived copy of Photoshop.

Strawberries are just going out of season…

…and cherries are coming in.

I’m also dancing in sugar snap peas and should probably whip up some hummus to accompany those little green soldiers.

What is your favorite Farmer’s Market item right now?

P.S. As I charge headfirst into my new photography hobby, check out my new page, “I See,” where there’s a link to my Flickr account.

1. June 26, 2010 10:20 pm

caroline, your pictures are amazing! and i love your writing!
    enjoy your camera! what lens(es) do you have?
    if you don’t already have it, the 50mm 1.8 is a very worthwhile purchase, only $100, it’s the only one i use now.
    excited to see/read more!
    c

2. Victor permalink
    June 27, 2010 9:38 am

Caroline, these shots are really good; I especially like the cherries one. Great job.

June 27, 2010 11:00 am

@ Courtney!

Thanks so much! Right now, I just have the lens the camera came with, but I will look into the one you mentioned. Of course, I would LOOOOOVEEEE a macro lens, but since I don’t have an extra $600 just laying around, I will have to wait awhile on that. 🙂

June 27, 2010 11:01 am

@ Victor!

Thanks, bud. 🙂 I also loved how the cherries one came out — I mean, it was a pretty decent photo to start off with, but with a little Photoshop color boost, it looks even better.

5. scout permalink
    June 27, 2010 1:01 pm

I didnt know snap peas could be danced in, nor did I know they were soldiers.

Funny the things I learn day to day.

Love love

June 27, 2010 1:09 pm

@ Scout!

It’s true — peas are far more talented than we all thought. :p

Love you.

7. SJR permalink
    June 27, 2010 9:31 pm

My favorite F-ers Market item is you.

June 27, 2010 9:33 pm

@ SJR!

If I was sold at the F-ers Market, it’s too bad Curly Kale isn’t there anymore. He could pick me up and take me home. Sigh.