fist pump tuesday!

August 3, 2010

Here are a few things that are making me giggle, pump my fist and high-five the air today:

1. I am now having extremely delicious dreams about macarons. Confession: I have never eaten a macaron. I know, I know. I’m a baker/soon-to-be culinary student. It’s shameful. You should take my Kitchen Aid away. (Wait, no, don’t! Anything else but my mixer!) Okay, fake drama aside, I think I might have to try my hand at these little lovelies soon. (I feel like my fists would REALLY be pumping all over the place if I put Nutella in the middle.)

2. Today’s Letters. I love this blog. No, wait, I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* this blog. This fabulous pair is hilarious, sweet and a great model for what a life lived intentionally and with a little flair looks like. Their crazy antics and fondness for leg shimmys makes me want to pack my bags and move to Dallas just to be their friend. Except Dallas is like 100 degrees right now and I would melt. So I’ll just read their blog and crow about how much I love it.

3. Fleet Foxes rock my socks. Okay, I’m not wearing socks. I kind of hate socks. But if I was wearing them, Fleet Foxes would make them going flying off. “Ragged Wood” is probably my favorite song right now; it always makes me bounce and smile…and also be seized by a desire to go live in the woods. (I’m not sure why. My brain is a great mystery.)

What is making YOU pump your fist today?

[photo credit here]

1. SJR permalink
    August 3, 2010 2:43 pm

Didn’t we eat macaroons in SF? Noelle and I did. To be fair, you had your chance at macaroon-dom, woman;)

August 3, 2010 3:11 pm

We ate macaroons. However, macaroons and macarons are two different types of cookies. That one “o” makes a world of difference. Personally, I don’t see how you can get much better than coconut dipped in chocolate, but I’ll give these one “o” cookies a go.

3. SJR permalink
    August 3, 2010 5:22 pm

carolineclunk.com: where new things are learned everyday:)

4. scout permalink
    August 3, 2010 6:30 pm

macorons are for the fancy french people.

5. August 3, 2010 7:15 pm

I am a HUGE Fleet Foxes fan! I can totally see how they would inspire you to go live in the woods or just generally be carried away by whims.

August 4, 2010 8:34 am

@ Leigh!

They are pretty fantastic, aren’t they? They are a recent discovery but I love them oh so much.

August 4, 2010 8:35 am

@ Scout!

Ah, oui! Ils sont pour les peuples francais. Mais alors, je le veux! (Man, my French is getting bad.)

8. April Best permalink
    August 4, 2010 12:03 pm

i’ve been listening to that fleet foxes album for about a week straight now – totally agree with your fist pumps 🙂 the macaroons at nantucket are amazing!! i may just have to go buy one now …

9. Amber permalink
    August 4, 2010 2:19 pm

These fist pumps are awesome! I didn’t have any french macarons until this year and they are delicious. I had lemon and lavender flavored. Also, I love Fleet Foxes. Their music makes me want to pack my bags and go on the longest road trip ever. I always have to fight the urge while listening to them in the car.

August 5, 2010 9:30 am

@ April and Amber!

Fleet Foxes fans unite! I love that there are so many of us — it makes me want to pump my fist even more!