snug as a bug

September 5, 2010

With a sudden whoosh of autumn weather this weekend, I have been giddy, waking up in the morning, bundled up in a thermal jammies, sniffing the cool air in my apartment and giggling as I snuggle down into the blankets for a little longer.

It trumpets a return (for now, anyway — the temps are slated to slide back up soon) of all my favorite chilly weather things:

roasting vegetables (Yukon gold potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, heirloom grape tomatoes, and onions, oh my! Tossed in some olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and a splash of balsamic vinegar, they are AMAZING.)

wearing mukluks! (Enjoy my, errrr, “vintage” kitchen floors. Kitschy, eh?)

testing recipes for pumpkin pie granola, in my soon-to-be-up-and-running Etsy bakeshop!

What did you do this weekend?

1. September 5, 2010 5:02 pm

Congrats on the new Bakeshop! I’m so happy and excited for you!

2. September 5, 2010 5:47 pm

I swooned over The Civil Wars show last night. Love them!

I can’t wait to check out your Etsy bake shop!

3. SJR permalink
    September 5, 2010 8:16 pm

I ate Indian food this weekend.

4. scout permalink
    September 5, 2010 9:50 pm

I ate peanut butter and jelly!!

5. SJR permalink
    September 5, 2010 9:57 pm

@Scout: Lucky.

6. scout permalink
    September 7, 2010 1:22 am

@SJR: Don’t be jeal.

7. September 7, 2010 5:27 pm

I have the same mukluks! Same colors. Though I didn’t know they were called mukluks and I didn’t actually wear them this weekend. We both have exquisite taste in fall time indoor footwear…

September 8, 2010 10:03 am

@ Hilary!

Thanks so much! I’m excited to get it up and running — once all the recipe testing is done. 🙂

September 8, 2010 10:04 am

@ Leigh!

I’ve never listened to the Civil Wars before, I’ll have to check ’em out!

September 8, 2010 10:05 am

@ SJR and Scout!

You guys get to share a response because I dearly wish I was eating Indian food and PBJ with both of you. Forever. And always.

September 8, 2010 10:06 am

@ Micha!

We have excellent taste, my friend. I actually bought them in your neck of the woods, when I was in San Francisco in May!

They are cozy little things, I’ll tell ya what.

12. September 11, 2010 8:01 am

Caroline,
    I’m so excited for your Bakeshop endeavor!
    I hope culinary school is going well. Yay you for going through with it. You have such great kitchen adventures in store.
    Send my greetings to the wonderful Farmers’ Market.
    There are plenty of farmers here, but no market.
    Love,
    Cassidhe

September 13, 2010 10:53 am

@ Cassidhe!

Culinary school is going well so far — right now, I’m in a food safety class, learning about pathogens and how to wash my hands. (Eww.) I’m excited to start my bakery class in October and get covered in flour.

I hope you (and the farmers) are doing well over there in Ukraine — I miss your gentle light around here!