ode to headlamp, light of my life

September 8, 2010

So a few months back, for no apparent reason other than the lure of camping equipment, I developed a fixation on wanting a headlamp. Like really, really badly.

A normal person would just go out and buy one, right?

Well, I am not normal. Also, it was right after I had returned from my only scheduled summer camping trip and I thought, “Why spend the money now if I won’t be camping again till next summer?” So I just puddled about, wistful in my longing for a headlamp.

Well, I have to now wait no further. Last night, my dear friend Lori shows up with a belated birthday gift for me — AND GUESS WHAT IT WAS?!

I have never felt more awesome than when I was washing the dishes with the LIGHTS OFF. (I can’t lie, I felt a little like Batman…errr, Batgirl.) Oh, oh, AND I brushed my teeth with it on! I wanted to keep doing EVERYTHING with it on, but I had to draw the line at washing my face. I am going to be saving SO MUCH on electricity from now on — in fact, I would even venture to say my love affair with this little LED headlamp is totally green.

Thanks, Lori!!!

1. Debbie Jones permalink
    September 8, 2010 2:46 pm

Caroline, you just make me laugh! I wish I would have known you when I was younger. I think we could have had a lot of fun and gotten in a lot of trouble together! πŸ™‚

2. Lori permalink
    September 8, 2010 4:30 pm

You may be my favorite person to buy presents for! Ha ha ha. LOVE THIS!!

3. September 9, 2010 6:13 am

Dear Caroline,
    You are hilarious.
    Love,
    Cassidhe

September 9, 2010 10:08 am

@ Debbie!

Oh, I’m sure we could have caused PLENTY of ruckus — especially if you got a headlamp, too. πŸ™‚

September 9, 2010 10:09 am

@ Lori!

You may be my favorite person to get presents from — especially because they always come equipped with hilarious cards. High five!

September 9, 2010 10:10 am

@ Cassidhe!

I miss you. I read your blogs about Ukraine and pray for you often — I especially love the photos of the beautiful sunflowers. πŸ™‚

Love,