first week madness

October 21, 2010

This has been what feels like my first “real” week of culinary school. Though the last eight weeks found me in a food safety and sanitation class, it didn’t feel much like culinary school. Instead, I just learned about spores and bacteria and stared longingly at my classmates with their uniforms on and bags full of goodies.

However, this week marked starting in my first lab class, Bakery, and getting to order my chef coats, wear the goofy hat, and get my hands all nice and floury! This also means that my days now start at 6AM and don’t stop till 5PM, where I basically don’t have a break at all. This has me yawning a fair bit, though I am definitely loving every second and have more energy than ever. Seriously, I feel like skipping all the time, I’m so damn happy.

(We made baguettes and Italian bread today! Woo hoo!)

With that, just a note that I think Nosh Friday will be Nosh Saturday this week…and perhaps every week in the future, unless I can get my butt in gear and remember to pre-write and schedule the posts (which is what I will try to do). I have a recipe all put together for this week, but no time to write it till this weekend. And it’s a FRICKIN’ GOOD recipe, people. You will WANT this recipe, oh-ho, trust me.

Forgive me?
(Why, thanks! You’re so kind.)

What has your week been like?

[photo credit here]

1. October 21, 2010 6:42 pm

How exciting that you’re living your dream!

And as far as your posting timeframe, your blog revolves around your life- not the other way around!

2. October 22, 2010 12:20 pm

So many enthusiastic congratulations on starting your classes and taking proactive, impressive steps toward your dream! Yeah, you!

My week was a lesson in how to be truly hospitable and learning how to be more flexible with my expectations. Why do I have such a hard time remembering this? πŸ™‚

My mouth is (patiently) watering for that recipe…

Have a great and restful weekend!

3. Amber permalink
    October 22, 2010 4:17 pm

WOOT! WOOT! I am so happy for you! I can’t wait to read about the new things you’re going to discover on this new journey :o)

Now, I am curious about this recipe.

October 22, 2010 9:29 pm

@ Leigh!

What a timely reminder. Sometimes, I get all anxious that people will think I’m a slacker because I’m not following my own posting schedule.

Which, of course, is silly.

Thank you for your encouragement! It was so very needed. πŸ™‚

October 22, 2010 9:30 pm

@ Beth!

Being flexible — yeesh, not something I’m good at either. But something that life teaches me anyway, whether I want to learn it or not. πŸ™‚

I need to pop on Google Reader, scroll down to your blog and see how that baby bump is doing!

October 22, 2010 9:31 pm

@ Amber!

Thanks so much for the cheering section. πŸ™‚ I am sincerely SO happy and excited about this stage in my life and having the support of others is precious to me.

I hope you enjoy the recipe! It will be up tomorrow. πŸ™‚