fist pump tuesday

November 30, 2010

Here’s what’s making me pump my fist this week:

1. Furt! — This has possibly been my favorite episode of Glee so far. I’m not exactly sure why, but I have several thoughts. First and foremost, I think the way they are handling the Kurt storyline is just simply fantastic. It could be so easy to take a storyline about a gay guy in a high school glee club and make it into something overdone and stereotypical. But I think the writers of Glee have done an admirable job of being gracious and classy. I was especially touched at the moment where Finn, whose discomfort with Kurt goes back to the first season, tells Kurt (now his stepbrother) that Kurt more than anyone has taught Finn what it means to be a man. Overall, this episode is sincerely wonderful. I might just have to watch it again!

2. Edible Pressies! — The Kitchn pulls through yet again with a fantastic list of edible holiday gifts (photo credit below to them as well). As all the gifts I’m giving this year can be eaten, this is incredibly helpful. As I type, I have a large pot of pear butter bubbling (and spitting like mad) on my stove, taking its merry time to reduce. Sigh. I might have to try some of these recipes also, in case the pear butter stays resistant and stubborn. (And just in case you were wondering, jam burns really, REALLY do hurt.)

All right, I can hear my pear butter going wild. We’ll cap it at two pumps this week.

How about you? Do share your fist pumps!

1. Erin permalink
    November 30, 2010 6:18 pm

I could not agree with you more about Furt! Best episode this season by far.

2. scout permalink
    November 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I may giggle with you over Cohen and Atwood from the O.C, but I can not…for the life of me…understand what it is you people seem to love about Glee.
    Really, I am not trying to be a snob about this. I truly do not understand.
    It is almost like the Twilight series all over again.
    What the flip is all the hype about? It seems a lot for nothing.

Oh. Love you btw.
    I missed you over thanksgiving and I miss you all the time.

3. November 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Furt was amazing! You’re completely right about how they’re handling Kurt’s storyline. Love Glee…and watching it right now!

November 30, 2010 11:02 pm

@ Erin!

So glad we’re on the same page. 🙂

November 30, 2010 11:04 pm

@ Scout!

I’m not sure if you’ve even tried watching “Glee” or not, but I promise, it is nothing like “Twilight.” Instead of being cheesy and overly dramatic, it’s funny, smart and incredibly sincere and creative. I was hesitant when I started watching it but it seriously deserves every accolade it gets.

I never expect you to hop on this bandwagon with me and it’s okay. We will always have “The OC.” 🙂

Love YOU.

November 30, 2010 11:04 pm

@ Leigh!

Ahhhh, jealous you’re watching it right now. I have to wait ’till they post it on Hulu. In fact, I might check right now. 🙂